Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SUMMER







Summer has officially started in our house. Yesterday was the last day of school. That means our Princess is now a Senior and Trucker is a Sophomore! Monday night we had end-of-the-school-year projects decorating our couch. The Princess made some beautiful pieces of pottery. Trucker made a clock quite some time ago in woods class and for his second project he made a bunch of plaques to hang deer racks on. Those turned out really nice. I think some are for our own home, some for Grampy and one or two are for the hunting shack.
Now that the kids are older, they aren't around as much during the summer as they were when they were in elementary school. For today, though, they are both at home. I love it! As I am typing, the Princess is downstairs making cherry muffins for lunch and Trucker is outside splitting wood.
Later this afternoon a friend of theirs is coming out and they want to do some mudding on the four wheeler. The Princess said she might even partake in the mudding adventures today. Stay tuned for those pictures!
As for me right now - I am taking a break from my job that I am able to do from our own home. I love that! I made myself a cup of hot tea with some honey, am blogging and thanking God that I can work from our home, that summer has started and that I can be home with the kids. Life is good!
Oh yeah, and for the stupid side of me now. Princess made a quilt for a graduation gift for a friend of hers from church. She finished it up just in time for the grad party and I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE! Rats! I will have to talk to Sami and ask her if she can bring the quilt back out some day!!

1 comment:

  1. You have some very talented kids! I love the pottery, or at least I think I do. If it looks as good in person as in the pics - I do! That's a new antler plaque too. We have artists in the family! Lucky you! Looking forward to pics of Princess of Mud. Wish she was coming to the shower. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete