Saturday, March 6, 2010

God's Timing


The Princess doing some painting for the new office!

I love God’s timing. Well, sometimes I love it. When I am waiting for things, then I have to remind myself that I love it! When a situation is over and I understand His timing – then I love it! For over a year I have been filling out job applications, sending in resumes and doing interviews. Some of the jobs I was interested in and some I wasn’t interested in; but we needed to do something. At least I thought we needed to do something for some additional income. On the other hand, I wasn’t always sure about what I wanted. I have loved being home with the kids while they are growing up. Trucker still does not have his license, so I didn’t want him stuck home, alone, all day, every day, during the summer. He is old enough and I trust him completely, but did not want that for him.

I prayed many times for the right job, the timing of it and that I could be a light for Christ in whatever job I ended up with. Between talking with friends and e-mailing with them (you know who you are!!); I was able to get a part time job that I can do from our home! Is that perfect or what? God does know what He is doing! Obviously I am thanking God now for the job, but still praying that I can be a light for Him. Maybe the fact that he provided me with a job that I can do from our house means I need to be more of a light to my own immediate family.

I did not have a place to work at in our home that was quiet and I would be left alone. That meant changing some rooms around. What a job that is! If we didn’t have so much junk it would be much easier and quicker. We do have a small room in our house that we think was a nursery many years ago and we have kept our weight bench, extra weights, hunting stuff, rod hockey games (yes, more than one rod hockey game) and all kinds of other “things” in there over the years. That room is now my office. Well, not yet, but by the end of the weekend I am hoping it will be.

The whole family has chipped in to help with the room project. We all hauled junk out. The hunters of the family hauled out their treasures and put them in a closet. Why we always put the hunting stuff all over I never knew, but now it is organized. The weights now share space in the sewing room/Trucker’s homework center.

Princess picked out paint and a border for the office. She painted on Wednesday; I pulled off the baseboards and ripped up the old flooring. We assume the room was a nursery at one time because the linoleum was very old and had lambs and little yellow birds all over it. The King took yesterday off of work and laid new flooring down for me. I stained new trim. Today or tomorrow the King and Trucker are going to build me a make-do desk for the time being. Then I can set up the new computer and printer! It is actually starting to feel like I have a real job and a real place to do it in!

I am thankful to friends who helped me get this job. And so very thankful to God who knew my desire to earn some extra income and yet still wanted to be home all the time, too.

I will post a picture of the office when we have it completed.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way God provides. And your friends (who know who they are...:)) didn't get you this job - you did - because you are so loyal and responsible and trustworthy and smart and funny! You go girl and enjoy that new office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big congratulations. I know what you have been through as I just finished my own job hunt. Mine didn't last quite as long as yours but it is discouraging in the middle of it. And so many more questions than answers sometimes.

    I hope you will share what it is you are doing. And I hope it is exactly what you need to bring in that extra income and still feel quite attached to your family. That is a great combination when you can find the right thing.

    Can't wait to see your new office. How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete