Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random Thoughts



Random Thought #1: The King’s parents are doing a thorough cleaning of their spare bedroom. She saved this bowl for me. It had been her Mom’s. It is a small (you can tell how small by looking at the coffee maker in the background), crock bowl. I have no idea what Grandma Hahn used this bowl for, maybe beating a few eggs? That is probably what I will use it for. Another neat thing to have and use that we know belonged to and was used by someone in our family many years ago. Carol forgot she even had it, she doesn’t know how long she had it for, so who knows how old the bowl is!

Random Thought #2: The King and I have been watching the Olympics quite a bit the last several days. There is talk that one of our local boys might have a chance at competing in the 2014 winter Olympics as a snowboarder. That had me thinking ahead to 2014. When we are watching those Olympics, we may be empty nesters! Our little tykes will be nineteen and twenty then! Enough on that random thought.

Random Thought #3: The other night I was getting ready for bed and was planning on spending some time in the Word. I didn’t quite know if I was hungry or not. Does that happen to anyone else? I guess if I was truly hungry, there would be no wondering about it, I would know! I probably just wanted to go eat something yummy that my hips don’t need at all. I told myself forget it, just get your jammies on and get in bed and start reading. I opened my devotional book and I needed to read 1Kings 19:5 which says …”Get up and eat!” God does have a sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment