Sunday, July 11, 2010

Growing Up

Trucker with his truck!
Picture courtesy of my Mom

My Trucker is growing up super fast. Physically, he grew up super fast, he was 6' by the time he entered middle school. Now he is 6'2" and will be starting his sophomore year soon. When does this growing stop? God is certainly turning him into a big, handsome man!

Big and handsome is nice, but God has so much more in store for him. As I mentioned before he is working a full time job this summer. The first day put a whoopin' on him, after that he has taken to it like butter takes to bread! A young guy he works with sold him some Flomaster mufflers Friday. I don't know anything about mufflers, I just remember reading that name brand on the muffler as Trucker was showing them to me. I guess that is one of the best, hottest mufflers to have if you like loud stuff on your truck. I personally don't like loud pipes, but I'm also not a fifteen year old gear-head!

Yesterday Trucker spent many hours working on getting his new muffler put on his truck. His Dad was gone for the weekend so he was on his own, for the most part. I know he put a few calls into Grandpa Marv to ask questions. Good thing Grandpa Marv is patient and a gear-head himself! The new, LOUD muffler was finally on and ready for a test drive around 7:30 last night. It was a moment a Mom will not forget. Once we got out on a straight stretch, and he could get some speed going, that stinkin' muffler was LOUD. I looked over at Trucker to ask him if it was the way he wanted it. I did not need to ask for he had a smile on his face that went from ear to ear! That made me smile to myself. He was proud. He had loud pipes and the fact that he did it himself I think made him proud, too.

This morning I was the proud one. During church we split up into small groups with the people sitting around us to pray for Vacation Bible School which starts tonight. Trucker was in a group a few pews behind me with several other youth students. A couple minutes into praying, I could hear his voice. Normally he is a quiet guy, so the fact that he would open up in front of his peers and pray for the youngsters coming to Vacation Bible School did this Mama's heart good! I could not hear his prayer, I just knew it was his voice. He didn't pray for long, maybe thirty seconds, I don't know. I don't need to know though because God knows and that is what counts!

I love you and am proud of you Walk. You are turning into quite the young man. Now I will go work on your quilt some more so you can have it before you are thirty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment