Thursday, April 8, 2010

Twenty-Five Years!

pic courtesy of Google

On tv the other night Dairy Queen was advertising the 25th birthday of the blizzard! Twenty-five years! I had to stop and think if it was actually twenty-five years since my first blizzard. Sure enough, it was. I was in high school at the time.

My Dad and I used to love going to DQ for a blizzard. Back then they wanted you to know how thick they actually were, so they always handed them to you upside down. Does anyone else remember that? Even now, once every year or two we still sneak off to Dairy Queen for a treat. Fun, fun memories. I just can't believe that it is twenty-five years worth of memories!

Now I take the Princess and Trucker to Dairy Queen every spring the first time it hits 70*. I wonder if when they are out of school and all grown up they will still want to go to Dairy Queen with me for a blizzard. I don't think it would be quite the same going by myself. Who am I kidding? Of course it is more fun to go with someone, but I have been known to sneak a treat by myself every now and then, too!

1 comment:

  1. Now you understand why White Castle is so special to me! (They are not disgusting!!!) They are the best treat in the world. Even just the smell as I get close to the building bombards me with pleasant memories. But it is probably a good thing that there isn't one close to me now. My hips and waist can only hold so many memories. I think I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete