Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Dinner

What did you have for Easter dinner? How did it turn out? Were you feeding a large crew or just a few of you? We did not have any company this year for Easter, so I was only cooking for the four of us. Good thing, too!

When we went shopping, tuna steaks were on sale, so we grabbed a few of those to cook for our dinner. The Princess wanted a pasta/spinach salad to go with the tuna. Sounds like a yummy dinner to me. I made the pasta salad as soon as we got home from church. You make a dressing to go over pasta, baby spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes and onions; so it tastes better if it can set for a while before serving. When I was done making the oil and vinegar dressing, all of a sudden I realized I used two kinds of oil; olive oil and canola oil and forgot about the vinegar. Rats! Now I had to make more dressing, but use all vinegar this time and leave out the oil, hoping it would still taste okay. I put the salad in the fridge and knew it was ready for supper.

Usually we grill tuna steaks, but Easter didn't bring us very nice grilling weather. Not a big deal. I had seen another recipe for tuna steaks that marinated for a few hours and then you baked them in the oven. I got the marinade together and got that in the fridge. Now I can go sneak in a nap until it is time to cook the steaks.

When it was almost time to take the steaks out of the oven, I go get the salad out of the fridge. Yikes! What happened? There are a few pieces of onion and a little shredded parmesan cheese left in the bottom of the bowl! The King, Princess and Trucker didn't realize that was for supper so they helped themselves to it! Now it is 5:00, the tuna is done and they ate the salad around 4:00, so I know they aren't that hungry. We had tuna steaks (and some Easter candy) for our Easter dinner. How is that for a holiday meal? Good thing we didn't have company coming! I would have been scrambling!

After all that, the tuna didn't turn out very good, either! I crossed out that recipe so I know not to make it again. For dessert the King made us malts, though! Those are always yummy.

Anyone want to come to our house next Easter? I'll try to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment